Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 10, 2013

LUNA GRILL – Cheap healthy eats




Luna Grill looks like any other fast food establishment in Lake Forest however its claim to fame is healthy food a price you can afford.  These days anything that is healthy comes at the cost of your wallet.  For good food that does not pack on the pounds you can spend about $20 per person but that is not the case a Luna Grill.

The food is cooked to order and the menu consists of healthy filling salads to salmon, lamb and chicken.  Start with spicy hummus served with pita bread or kick it up a notch and try the Spinach Pie which consists of spinach, feta cheese wrapped in light phyllo dough.

If you want to eat healthy try a salad as your entrée they are filling and delicious.  You have a choice between the typical Greek Salad, Apple Walnut, Luna Salad or my favorite Mediterranean Chicken Salad.  It is made with Israeli couscous which was so firm and delectable I used my pita bread to wipe up the scraps.  The house made vinaigrette was to die for and yes I did drown my salad with it. So what my tummy was happy.  My problem is that I enjoy the salads so much I keep ordering them in fact I think I will be hitting Luna Grill for lunch today.  My mouth is already watering.

For something meatier try the Gryros Plate, Lamb Kabob or Cornish Hen on the Bone.   These dishes come with fresh green salad, basmati rice, pita bread, cucumber yogurt dip, carrots or grilled tomato garnish.  The kabobs are quite popular.  All the entrée’s are two meals in one so if you’re not that hungry you just might want to share.  If you are calorie conscious all calories are on the menu but indulge, you only live once and this is the place to indulge.

You order at the counter and they bring the food to your table.  There is a nice patio outside if you want to enjoy the California sun.  Once you walk in the door the aroma hits you and there are no second thoughts of leaving. 

Entrée prices run from $9.50 to $13.00 but as I said it includes everything.  You are actually getting 2 meals for the price of one.  They also serve al la carte, wraps and kids meals.  This place is great for lunch but if you want a quick healthy dinner you cannot go wrong.  To date there are only 2 restaurants in Orange County,  Lake Forest and the Spectrum in Irvine and 7 in San Diego County.  I recommend that you take the drive and stop by before everyone else discovers this little gem. 

This place is 3 ½ Forks Up.  The price is reasonable and the food is spectacular for semi-fast food.  Perfect place for lunch on a hot sunny day.

LAKE FOREST
23625 El Toro Road, Suite A
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Phone 949-770-5862




No comments:

Post a Comment