Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cardero's in Coal Harbour – The sea, the view, the food.



Just when you thought it could not get any better it does.  The view from the restaurant is amazing.  The locals will tell you that it’s a fabulous restaurant and one of the best which would leave you to believe you must be dressed to the 9’s to enter the establishment but that is simply not true.  This place is casual and relaxing located in the Harbor itself. 

The one thing about Cadero’s is it is not a local secret.  Tourist and locals dine here together.  It is not my local hole in the wall that first attracts me to a restaurant but it is the atmosphere and location that hooked me.  As I sat by the window I had an impressive view of the Harbor with its ships coming in and out.  Nothing better than a glass of red wine as enjoyed the moment and with that thought I ordered the oysters on the half shell which were simply put delicious.

 It was lobster season so what better dishes to order than Lobster Fettuccini with Saffron.  There was just a dash of saffron not to overwhelm the buttery flavor of the lobster which was done to perfection. It has always been my father’s contention that you never order fish unless you are at a fish restaurant by the sea.  I could not argue with that logic as the lobster was fabulous. 

The fish so fresh that it jumps out of the ocean is not your taste then they also cater to those who prefer a land.  The pork chops and chicken are a treat for those not of the sailor type. 

Finish the meal with a dessert and you will not be disappointed. I always rate my desserts as to whether or not they are worth the calories.  Unfortunately for me the answer was yes.  Thus my diet when I got back to the States.  That is what I get for asking the waiter what he suggested.  Of course the answer was a brownie sundae.  So good but yet so bad for you so I went straight to my hotel room and did 50 sit ups like that was really going to help.  But it did ease my conscious a little bit.

This establishment is casual, relaxing and well staffed.  The food was good but it was a little pricey for my empty wallet.  I recommend a definite trip for cocktails and appetizers in the bar area.  It will not break the bank but it is fabulous to sit in the middle of the Harbor and just relax.  Three Forks Up because my wallet did not match my appetite.

Located at: 1583 Coal Harbour Quay, Coal Harbour, Vancouver, BC. 

Reservations recommended 604-669-7666

Reservations are strongly recommended and encouraged.  However, if you fail do not despair as there is a fantastic bar area to warm up in with a wide arrange of selections. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment