Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Springtime Mojito



Winter is finally turning to spring and with that come out the drinks to relax and enjoy in your hammock.   Recently I visited a Pizzeria and I discovered the Virgin Mojito.  It was refreshing and reminded me of those lazy spring days, a time when we skip work and attend a few baseball games soaking in the sun with beer in hand.  I am not particularly fond of beer it is a little bloating one might say but I do enjoy a refresher.  The Mojito is just what the doctor ordered.  It can be made with or without rum.
  
Virgin Mojito

15 mint leaves
1 teaspoon raw sugar
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
ice
4 ounces chilled club soda
                                                                2 lime wedges

Directions:

1.         In a glass, muddle/crush the mint, sugar, lime juice and Simple Syrup.
2          Add ice.
3 .        Pour in the club soda
4.         Garnish with the lime wedges

If you prefer the Rum I suggest adding in 2 ounces of white rum. Stir in the rum then pour in the club soda.

If you are watching your weight to get ready for swim suit weather then I suggest substituting the sugar for Splenda.  Use 2 teaspoons of Splenda. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment